Trifles are an easy dessert that can you make for any occasion. I recently made this amazing banana pudding trifle for Easter with the family. Trifles are very quick and easy, inexpensive to make, and look like they took a lot of time to perfect. This is a perfect dessert for a warm spring/summer day when you don't want to have to use your oven for a sweet treat.
- Pound Cake/Angel Food Cake (you can use any flavor cake you like—either store bought or homemade)
- 1 large container of Cool Whip
- 3 bananas
- 1 large box of Vanilla Instant Pudding
- 1 box Vanilla Wafers
- Prepare cake and let it cool
- Dice bananas
- Prepare vanilla instant pudding by following the directions on the box. Mix in bananas and place in fridge to cool
- Layer your trifle bowl:
- Layer of cake—it is always best to start with the cake because it is easier to serve. I cut my angel food cake into bite-sized pieces
- Crumble some vanilla wafers
- Layer of vanilla/banana pudding mixture
- Layer of Cool Whip
- Layer of Vanilla Wafers
I had enough ingredients to do two layers of each. I crunched some Vanilla Wafers as garnish on top.