Drunk Elephant Skincare
Disclaimer: This is NOT a sponsored post. Drunk Elephant is not paying me to write this review or sample their products. I have purchased everything with my own money. I am genuinely curious about these products and want to take better care of my skin.
I will be turning the big 3-0 in less than 6 months. Recently, I've been seeing a lot of bloggers and people on Instagram that I follow bringing awareness to the importance of taking good care of your skin. It got me thinking of my skin care routine and how I could improve my routine and the health of my skin. If I'm going to be completely honest and vulnerable, I've struggled with acne-prone, sensitive, oily skin most of my life. I've pretty much tried everything except Accutane (the side-effects freak me out too much)— over-the-counter medications, dermatologist prescriptions (both oral and topical), Murad, ProActiv, etc. It has gotten better over the last several years after seeing a great dermatologist. I've also pretty much mastered covering up these issues with makeup, so a lot of people may not even know that this is a real struggle for me.
I was seeing a lot of bloggers posting and praising about Drunk Elephant and decided I would love to give it a shot myself. Drunk Elephant claims that a lot of people have issues with their skin because their skincare contains "the suspicious 6"— 1. silicones, 2. chemical screens, 3. sensitizing colorants/perfumes, 4. Sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS) 5. essential oils, 6. drying alcohols. They claim that these 6 ingredients are the root cause of a lot of skin issues that people struggle with today. Drunk Elephants products are 100 percent free of fragrance, essential oil, silicone, and irritants. They are made in the USA and are made up of natural, cruelty-free ingredients.
The Drunk Elephant skincare line is definitely an investment. Some individual products are over $100. Instead of making such a financial investment up-front on something that I've never tried before, I purchased their "Littles" kit from Sephora. It's $90 and is a 30-45 day kit of 8 of their products (image is linked).
Included in the kit are the following products:
- 1 oz/30 mL Beste™ No. 9 Jelly Cleanser
- 0.27 oz/8 mL C-Firma™ Day Serum
- 0.27 oz/8 mL B-Hydra™ Intensive Hydration Serum
- 0.5 oz/15 mL Umbra™ Sheer Physical Daily Defense Broad Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 30
- 0.27 oz/8 mL T.L.C. Framboos™ Glycolic Night Serum
- 0.27 oz/8 mL Virgin Marula Luxury Facial Oil
- 0.5 oz/15 mL Lala Retro™ Whipped Cream
- 0.17 oz/5 mL Shaba Complex™ Eye Serum
I am very excited to try the T.L.C. Framboos™ Glycolic Night Serum, Virgin Marula Luxury Facial Oil, and the Lala Retro™ Whipped Cream.
My goal is to take a weekly selfie of my skin without make-up over the next month of trying this skincare line. I'll share my routine with you and provide honest thoughts and feedback of this product line. After reading reviews and other testimonials of other women using this product line, I'm feeling very optimistic and excited to get started.
Ideally, my "problem areas" that I would like to see improve are:
- Size of my pores. I'd like to see them dramatically reduced and appear cleaner. My pores on my nose and cheek area are large and get clogged easily.
- Oil-reduction. I get extremely oily throughout the day and would love to see that get under control.
- Smooth out the texture of my skin on my cheeks and forehead
- Even out skin tone and have a natural, non-oily, youthful glow.
- No more adult acne!
daily routine I'll be following:
- Rinse face with cold water
- Create a "cocktail" by mixing the following products together in palms of hands and applying all over face:
- Umbra SPF 30
- C-Firma Day Serum
- Small pump of B-Hydra
- Wash face with Pekee Bar (daily bar) or JuJu Bar (every other day)
- Create a "cocktail" with the following products:
- TLC Framboos
- Marula Oil or LaLa Retro
- Dab Shaba under eyes (and around eyebrows and eyelash area)
2x Week (Wednesday & Saturday nights):
- Wash face with Pekee Bar
- Apply Babyfacial and let it sit on skin for 20 minutes
- Rinse and rub Protini Cream on face
- Dab C-Tango Eye Cream under and around eyes